12 Foods Higher in Vitamin C Than Oranges
If all this time you thought taking vitamin supplements or only eating citrus fruits provided you with vitamin C, then think again! You could be eating these 12 foods without even knowing how they have actually been helping your immune system. See how these foods compare to the 69.7 mg of vitamin C in a medium orange.
1. Chili Peppers
– ½ a cup chopped or diced delivers 107.8 mg of vitamin C.
2. Red Bell Pepper
– 1 cup chopped contains 190 mg of vitamin C. Nearly three times more than an orange.
3. Green Bell Pepper
– 1 cup chopped contains 120 mg of vitamin C. 200% of your recommended daily allowance.
– 1 cup provides 80.4 mg of vitamin C; as well as vitamin A and vitamin K.
– One serving provides 132 mg of vitamin C.
– 1 cup delivers 88.3 mg of vitamin C; can also clear sinuses, brighten skin, and strengthen bones.
– 1 cup contains 84.7 mg of vitamin C; plus heart healthy doses of folate.
– Eating a small head of cauliflower gives you a 127.7 mg dose of vitamin C.
9. Brussel Sprouts
– One serving contains 74.8 mg of vitamin C.
– A serving of Pineapple contains 78.9 mg of vitamin C; as well as natural digestive enzymes.
– Eating two kiwi fruits gives you a 137.2 mg dose of vitamin C.
– As serving of mango contains 122.3 mg of vitamin C; as well vitamin A, which aids immunity.